does any body have any advice i have been doing a lot of research but its not the same as advice... i know i need to make a whelping box.. does anybody have any experience with this at all??

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Debbie! You are a wealth of information. I hope it will work out for you Erica, 1 year old are too young to be corgi parents. Do an x-ray and see if her bone is wide enough for natural birth, get your emergency vet phone number ready, just in case if there's a still born or a pup got stuck, you can save the mother and the pups life and rush them to the vet and do a c-section.
i am so nervous.. i didnt want this to happen till later. isnt an xray bad for the puppies? what do you do with the placenta and the umbilical cords? how do you know if you dont know how many days she is pregnant when she wil be due? is there any way besides taking her temperature? thanks for your advice it really is apprciated
i am writing everything down, i lost you with the dental floss what should i do first with that? do i keep the first puppy nursing from her as soon as she is cleaned off and than take her away as soon as the second puppy comes out or just as soon as i clean the first puppy off put her in the box with the heating pad and blanket until all the puppies are back? thank you so ,much you really are making me feel a little better about this.
also how do you know what the placenta looks like ? thanks..
if jaybe doesnt have milk coming out of her what to i fill the bottle with to feed the puppies?
Your pups are adorable! All good advice given here. I strongly suggest calling your vet asap to schedule a physical for Jaybe and an x-ray to determine the number of puppies. It is good to keep them in the loop especially since this is a new experience for both you and Jaybe. That way if there is an emergency or you need advice they are familiar with the situation. You will need to make an appointment for post birth physicals for mom and puppies as well.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service