What in the world can one do whose bedroom is seven feet away from two Corgi's in the next yard who bark to excess? I have tried White Noise machines(use three), three to four fans in the same room turned on high, an old Surround Sound system in the den, double-paned windows across the back and side of house, earplugs(have 2 bags full), a radio on each side of the bed for white noise. In my den, where I have to retreat to early, I have a regular window in the kitchen and large, extended window in the denand as in the bedroom, the sound just comes right through. My den window is about 30 - 45 feet from the dogs. I've tried putting up project poster boards in layers over the windows to help block the noise. I shot my budget and bought a $60.00 pair of noise-canceling headphones but they fit so tight they start headaches. I've tried it all.

Does the group have any tips for a dog-loving neighbor of 2 precious Corgi's who bark excessively? Being retired and disabled, I don't have the funds to try to soundproof my walls or anything like that. Our houses are built very close together. If I were able, I would get away during the day and evening, but I can't.

Could a Corgi owner advise anything more I might do?

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you talked to the corgis owners, maybe working together the situation can be resolved. My two bark when they play, although not constantly, but during the day as they run around there is barking, and occasionally a neighborhood cat thinks it's funny to sit on the fence and watch them bark at it. When I'm around (and usually if I'm away from the house they are with me), if they are getting too carried away I bring them in the horse or close them in our patio, long enough for them to chill out. Mine sleep inside. Anyway, sometimes approached nicely the owner can work something out, sometime the owner just isn't aware. For example, my dogs barking is muffled from inside my house, but heard loud and clear from my sisters house next door
Its nice that you have tried to fix the problem yourself and that you're a dog lover as well. I agree with Brenda that maybe you should discuss this issue with the owners. Though sadly sometimes people just aren't nice at all or just don't care :(.
It sounds like you've done so much already, that it really is something that has to be done by the owners themselves. I wish I could give you some new advice but all I can do is wish you luck. Hopefully the owners are nice and will listen to a neighbors plea.

The worst scenario is to talk to the landlords if you live in a rental area.. I know its a horrible thing to think but a neighbor shouldn't suffer because an owner doesn't want to put the time and effort to either train a pet or take steps to make everyone surrounding them comfortable.
Seems as though you've done what you can. PetSmart carries a bark buster that emits sound every time they bark. It's unpleasant, but honestly it doesn't solve the problem. Being a herding dog, Corgis do tend to bark. And barking is a behavior that reinforces itself every time the dog barks. Hopefully, the owners will be understanding and cooperative when you approach them. If not, you might check the noise ordinance in your area. The owners may be required to put bark collars on the dogs.
Another option, but should be a last resort after asking the neighbors to bring in the pups, is to call the animal control for noise violations. You can't do anything during the day, but at night you should be allowed to sleep in peace. Their dogs would probably be happier sleeping in the house anyway. I feel bad letting my pups out in the backyard when it's dark outside because of their barkiness. And they're only outside for maybe 10 minutes!! But I feel your pain. . .i really do and it's commendable what you're doing. I wish you were my neighbor!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service