Mochi has never worn a collar for her whole 3 months. I went to Petco and bought her a small size collar and a name tag for her to start wearing. When I got home I put her new collar on. She started running on the sides of the walls and the couches, running at a real low stance, kind of like crawling, trying to get the collar off i guess. Then she hides. Whenever I call her name she just stays in her hiding area. When I go pick her up
she looks scared and she starts shivering a little.
I took off her collar, but she was bummed out the whole day. She just slept, she didnt even want treats, or to play catch. I was really bummed out that she was bummed out from her collar.

any suggestions on my collar issue? I know she has to wear one. anyone know any positive methods I could use instead of the "just suck it up and make her use it" deal.

Views: 397

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like you have a fussy girl on your hands :)

I agree with the once a day feed her lots of treats approach. We were lucky and going home from the breeder we stopped at a store and had a collar on her on the way home and she didn't seem to notice at all. now collar means outside and that means happy pup.

So my added advice is to put her collar on.. feed her lots of treats and talk sweetly to her, then take her out so she also associates the collar as a good thing "I get to go out!"

It will happen eventually. Don't let the sad eyes/wall rubbing get to you... sometimes the parents have to put their foot down with these pups :)

goodluck and let us know how it goes

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service