I noticed Theo limping on his front leg the last few days, nothing consistent though. He also started giving me trouble on our walks, planting his feet and not wanting to walk, that sort of thing. I finally noticed what I think the cause is: some kind of growth on his foot pad.

I don't even know how to describe it. A callus? A blister? It's a small growth on the side of his pad, under the fur, on one of his middle toes. It's hard, but it's definitely a growth. It doesn't seem to cause him pain because he didn't cry out when I inspected it, but it obviously causes him discomfort because of the limping and refusal to walk and the fact that he kept trying to pull his foot away from me when I was looking at it. We have puppy class tonight so I'll try asking the trainer if she knows what it is. So far I'm guessing it's something not serious that just needs to heal.

I was wondering if anyone knows what it might be, and how I might help it to heal.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A picture might help those who may know by seeing it. Just a thought... I hope it's not something serious either!
I don't think I can take a picture of it. I could barely see it. It's under the fur, so between trying to move the fur and dealing with Theo constantly pulling his paw away, I seriously doubt I could capture anything that anyone could see, unfortunately. It's very small, which is why I never noticed it before.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service