I feed Grover the Canidae All Life Stages. I bought a HUGE bag last time, before the formula change. I'm nearing the end of the bag and I'm getting nervous. I've read some bad reviews online about the new formula!
Has anyone been using it? What do you think? How did your dog's tummy respond?
Grover has a sensitive tummy. Even giving him treats late at night can sometimes give him runny....poo. (gross) :) So I'm concerned. Anyone got any feed back?

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was feeding Bruce Canidae until his kidney failure diagnosis; I'm sorry I don't have any advice on the new formula. What you could do is write to the company...or ask at the pet store...for a sample pack of the new formula. You could try Grover on that and see how he does. Or if no samples are available, buy the small size and just return it if Grover does not do well. I think many stores have a return guarantee. Good luck!
I didn't have any trouble during the transition and they still enjoy the Canidae. If he has a sensitive tummy take your time on the transition...to any food. I have also tried Natures Variety both the Instinct (grain free) and Prairie and was pleased with both. II think my dogs all have iron stomaches and could feed them just about anything.
Yogi seems to like the new formula more than the original one. I think this one has less rice. Not positive but I think that's what I read. We're waiting for the grain free formula to come out soon, but until then he loves it.

Try it out and see how it goes. Don't switch cold turkey. Buy a small bag and start mixing some in with the old formula then over a couple days increase the new formula portion. He may not go for it at first and his poo may be soft from the change, but this should wear off. Again you'll know whether out not its good for him.
Lola likes the new formula more than the old. With the old one I had to always mix in wet food with it so she would even sniff it. Now I tried putting dry food in her bowl and she scoffs it all up in seconds. She has a problem with loose stool sometimes but the new formula didn't affect her! Good Luck!
www.thehonestkitchen.com

My corgi is extremely picky and she finally liked this brand. It is a raw dehydrated grain/gluten free. There are also many types of foods you can pick according to your corgi's needs.
Good Luck.
QP

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service