anyone having trouble with corgi's ear?
Coby having big trouble with ear infection, he already had two times of "ear flushing" (cost $300 each). Now, he again has ear infection within month after he had ear flushing....
is it only Coby? or others are like that too?
i think i took care of Coby well.... with ear clean every other day.

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A lot of ear infections can be because of food allergies. I'd make sure you're feeding a super premium food with only one protein and carb choice, i.e. Natural Balance, or California Naturals. After I switched Timmy to a really good food, I never had a problem with ears.

Another cause of ear infections can be water retained in the ear if you bathe him frequently. Corgis, if groomed regularly don't need a lot of baths. I bathe Timmy every 5-6 weeks only because he's a therapy dog and has to have a bath before visiting patients.

Good luck in solving the ear problem. Frequent ear infections can cause permanent hearing loss due to scaring. So I hope you find a solution soon.
Ask your vet to provide you with some Novalsan (i think that is what it is called). It will help clean/dry out their ears and hopefully reduce ear infections.

I agree with Sylvia that corgis don't have to be bathed frequently.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service