Bucky has had food allergies. That is taken care of and have never had a problem since changing his food but I am thinking that he is having allergies to something in the yard. It is almost like my seasonal nose warfare! In FL it is blooming - thinking about blooming - wet and done blooming....you get it. He is scratching his nose which makes him scratch his face with his claws. Has anyone had this with their dog.

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Charlie has food allergies and seasonal allergies both. Like Bucky, food change took care of his stomach issues but we battle seasonal allergies from about June - Oct. He will rub his face on the carpet and lick the bottom of his feet and scratch like a maniac. When he really gets obsessive about the scratching, I give him benadryl. I don't like doing it but he can do a lot of damage in a short period of time. Charlie gets medicated baths and I dry him off after he has been outside, especially if the grass is wet. I also keep hypoallergenic baby wipes around to wipe his face.

Your vet should be able to help you figure out what the best methods are to help Bucky. Hopefully whatever he is allergic to will be out of season soon. Some corgi people use e-collars to keep their babies from scratching too much. I think that would drive Charlie insane - he would hide under the bed and never come out. You may want to check out past forums about allergies. Lots of folks here have similar problems. Charlie sends Bucky sympathy scratches from Tn. Good luck.
Does Bucky or Charlie shake thier heads/ears alot from the outdoor allergies?
Hi Natalie, Charlie doesn't do much head/ear shaking. He just has goopy eyes and rubs his face on the rug after he has been outside.
Thanks Lisa for the input, I believe Lance has outside allergies and I am thinking maybe food allergies as well, although he is on an allergenic formula already, Natural Balance Duck and Potatoe.....so I was hoping the ears were related to outside allergies instead of food allergies. Yes Lance gets the goopy eyes also and also rubs his face on the rug after he has eaten. He sneezes alot during the outside allergies. How in the world can a dog be allergic to an allergy formula food????? Crazy!!
thanks for all of the input! You all are describing the same way my boy acts so that is it!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service