I know this seems like it should be an obvious question, but I want to make sure everything is absolutely perfect for my new baby. Is there a certain kind of shampoo I should use for puppies, like how humans have baby shampoo? I'm just a little ignorant about if puppies have sensitive skin or not...

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes there is puppy shampoo you can purchase at PetSmart or Petco that is more gentle than regular adult dog shampoo.

I highly suggest going with something without the ingredient Sodium Lauryl Sulfate - its harmful to humans and I will not use anything on my dog that I wouldn't use on myself (that's not to say that anything safe for humans is safe for dogs, of course.)

Personally, I use plant based, petroleum free products on myself and I prefer to have the same standard for my animals.

Try something like GreenPaws or look for products advertised as Petrolum/Phosphate Free, Organic, Soap-Free, Sulfate Free.

Hope this helps!
thank you!
Not a problem!
I use Earth Bath on Reese.... I first bought the puppy one, but she got dandruff. I switched to the Earth Bath Oatmeal and Aloe and that seems to work very well for her.
Thanks for the advice!
Yep, stay with an organic puppy shampoo. There are so many chemicals added to dog shampoos and the people ones, as well. Be sure you don't over-shampoo, either. We bathe The Clan about every other week or so along with a good Furminating and coat rake. Take your time and make bath time enjoyable. With a small pup, have a warm towel waiting, too. Congrats on the new pup!!!!
Thank you! :D

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service