Hello everyone, well my 11 week old Corgi loves to play and roughhouse. My mother has a 3 1/2 month old pick-a-poo puppy that loves to roughhouse even more than my Cloud does! When they get together all they want to do is rumble with each other and for the most part it's just harmless wrestling.

However it never fails that after about 5 minutes they always begin to get carried away and get too rough with each other. Neither has gotten hurt but they're still pretty small to cause any actual pain. I don't want them to get carried away when they get bigger, does anyone have tips on how to encourage nice play at this age?

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From what I have read this is the time when puppies play rough during the Seniority Classification Period (12-16 Weeks) (http://www.doberman.org/articles/puppy.htm).

Madog has definitely gotten alot more rough and tumble and mouthy in the last week or so. I have had to bring the hammer down on what he can do to me. I need my arms below the elbows. No chewing them off.

He plays with a cockapoo up the street that is a couple of pounds. They play hard and so far it hasn't ended in tears. The cockapoo runs under him does a quick turn bounces over his back and does it again. Hilarious to watch.
They are about the same size so they will be perfect for teaching each other to control strength.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service