My vet gave Muffin a new medicine for flea control call Comfortis. We live in the south and it is hot in the summer and not very cold in the winter. Muffin has been plagued by fleas this summer. She scratched contstantly and bit her back. She was so miserable. I tried lots of remedies but nothing worked.
Since she has been taking the Comfortis she has not scratched one time. The fleas are gone! But................... her appetite is bigger and she drinks a lot more causing her to pee pee much more. Is anyone using this medicine on their dog? Are you having any side effects.?

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, We've been using Comfortis for at least 6 months. It works great!!! And we haven't noticed any side effects. But, perhaps ( just like we humans can have a allergic reaction to things ) this is a little reaction. If it was me, I'd be inclined to err on the side of precaution and check with my vet to be sure.
Peviously we had been using advantage, but my friend Dawn had an allergic reaction to that, so the Comfortis has not only been great for Soffie & Griffyn but no more allergic reactions for Dawn!
Hi - I have not posted in the longest time - but we use Comfortis on both of our cardigan corgi's. We live in Florida, tried every flea remedy available and nothing worked. My older dog had literally ripped his belly up and was getting skin infections from fleas. We have no carpeting in the house, either.. It was unbearable. I did my research on comfortis, spoke with my vet and have been using comfortis for 3 months and the dogs are flea free, and Kai's belly is healed. Both dogs have only one side effect - the day I give it to them, they sleep all day. They're not completely out cold - they'll wake and play, and eat, go out side, etc, but they're pretty well on the floor asleep for 24 hours.

For the eating, have you tried green beans? Kai loves, really loves food, and if I let him - he'd look like a coffee table with a tail - I give him ice cubes and carrots for snacks, and fill his kibble with green beans. His weight has maintained for years. Good luck.
So sorry for Kai!!! Glad he's better. Muffin was beyond miserable. She's like a new pup now. Are the green beans raw or cooked? I'm going to try this. Thanks for the tip.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service