I plan on ordering a FURminator soon but has anyone tried the shampoo and/or conditioner? Do you recommend it? Is there a different kind of shampoo/conditioner that you would recommend? What about the treats?

Also, should I get the small or medium FURminator?

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use the shampoo... it works good... but I can not stand the smell! I am looking in to a new shampoo at the moment. It does not help shedding though... The shampoo that is. It smells sweet... and like cheap candy or something nasty, it is awful

I wouldn't use conditioner on a corgis coat, try "The Stuff" works better then cream rinse I think

Furminator is great, get the small one... for sure! This is easier to work around his neck skin and muscles.

The treats are kind of a rip off, as is the food supplement. Squeeze a capsule of Salmon or Cod liver oil into his food each day (ask your vet how much, it depends on his weight, my 27lb boy gets 2.)

Check out the ingredients.... down right scary

"Wheat Gluten, Glycerine, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten, Natural Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Sunflower Oil, Mono and Diglyerides, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Flax Seed Oil, Preserved with Sodium Metabisulfite and Mixed Tocopherols"

The waterless shampoo works pretty good (smells better) but I think an unscented baby wipe (H.E.B. $1.99) works better for quick clean up. And if he needs a freshen up use the fresh N' clean dog cologne, works great.

Furminator is cheapest at Amazon.com by the way.

As for treats, have you tried boiled chicken? little tid bits make a nice training treat. Natural and salt free are the best, like all liver treats.

Hope that helps.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service