November is Pet Cancer Awareness MonthEarly Warning Signs

If cancer is detected early it can be treated more effectively, so it's important to check your pet regularly for the 10 Early Warning Signs as recommended by the Veterinary Cancer Society.

1. Abnormal swelling that persists.
2. Sores that do not heal
3. Loss of weight
4. Loss of appetite
5. Bleeding or discharge from any body opening
6. Offensive odor
7. Difficulty eating or swallowing
8. Hesitation to exercise or loss of stamina
9. Persistent lameness or stiffness
10. Difficulty breathing, urinating or defecating

If your pet has any of these early warning signs, you should take him to your veterinarian as soon as possible for a more complete examination.

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I never knew it was an awareness month! Thanks for letting us know! :)
Jinksy- my big beautiful 11 year old PWC was just diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma. He had major surgery on Thanksgiving and just came home last night.

Of all these symptoms he had 2- a loss of weight (in less than a week from 30 to 28 lbs) and extreme anemia. Saturday before Thanksgiving walking up the hill just became too hard for him- other than that he was still his fiesty barky rolling romping self. The only change in appetite is that he now holds out for freeze dried liver instead of inhaling the dry biscuits.

I don't know how much time he has left but I intend to spoil him rotten.

Ziska
Sorry to hear - I have been following this quite a bit - there is a lot of natural food and supplements to help the dog get through the treatments. If you want more information let me know...
Hi Ziska,
I'm sorry to hear about Jinksy. It's heartbreaking to watch your beloved pet suffer. I understand. My beloved Roy (PWC) passed away in April, 2006 of heart failure. He was 11 years old too.
Take comfort that you have given him the best life have to offer. Take care.

Florence (from Singapore)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service