My boyfriend and I are looking to adopt a 2nd corgi! We would prefer a young female but don't really know where to start looking. We got Rylee from a pet-store and although he is great now, we really don't want to go down that road again...We live in Massachusetts and have checked in with the state Corgi Rescue, but no available dogs there....

Any suggestions as to where to look, who to contact would be much appreciated!!!

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try petfinder.com or puppyfind.com :)
Be careful at looking at dogs on puppyfind or petfinder. Alot of those breeders are the same as the petstore and the quality is not their primary concern. There are many kennels that are more then willing to help you in your search. A reputable breeder will have contacts w/other reputable breeders. This is not saying that all breeders on those networks aren't of the reputable fashion but they are limited. Another thought to ponder is there are scams out there. Advertising something you think your going to get til you receive it. A reputable breeder will off guarantees and stand behind their stock. Be there for you and your dog for the life of any pup they produce. Have contracts on your agreements. Offer advise and ask questions from you only in securing the safety of one of their puppies. Working with stock that are within the breed standards and that doesn't always mean a high championed pedigree. One who evaluates the genetics in their dogs and has health clearances. You may think these dogs are pricey when really some are not but in the long run it will save you heartaches and medical bills. If you need any further help or advise I am more then willing to guide in a direction that should have you well on your way. Good luck in your search.
ADOPT!!!
www.petfinder.com
I got my corgi from the shelter. Its the best feeling ever to rescue an animal in dire need of a home!
There are plenty of great rescue organizations that post their dogs on petfinder.com. I found Caleb through petfinder.com, and his rescuer was a former corgi breeder who switched to corgi rescue. She really knows stuff, told me exactly what I was in for, and required an adoption application and then an adoption agreement, just like she would have if she was his breeder. Please don't dismiss the adoption/rescue possibility, just do your homework on the rescue organization beforehand!
Adoption is a good (and very economical option), lots of exotic mix breeds out there, lots of random cute dogs that need homes. We considered adding a second corgi for quite awhile, then were swayed into looking at adoption.
Petfinder.com is a great resource.
This is our recent addition to the family http://www.flickr.com/photos/mercury01818/3039619094/.
Getting a second dog was the best thing we ever did for Atlas, now that he has a full-time wrestle buddy he is much easier to deal with!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service