How many times have you had to tell other dog owners, "don't worry he's fine." ?

If you've read my other posts, you can probably tell my dog Atlas is a pretty energetic little guy. The dog park is pretty much my second home. Atlas is a complete masochist and loves tumbling around with bigger dogs. I've had many a dog owner who have come up to me and tried to apologize while their husky/lab/sheperd etc. is wrestling around with my corgi, to which I always respond, "No, don't worry, he loves bigger dogs."

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's definitely something to look out for. There are many variables involved.
It's good to be concerned, but one also has to keep in mind that most aggressive behavior is simply display rather that actual action. From an evolutionary standpoint this make sense, if you think about wolves trying to assert dominance over one another, if they can do this without coming to serious blows, but rather by a bite or snarl, this is better for the survival of the species.
That being said I always keep a watchful eye on my dog, and am always ready to step in if something serious does ensue, but I really don't worry about him too much.
I get that alot too. I noticed that my little one is VERY vocal when playing. He snorts alot.
Suki loves playing with big dogs too.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service