I know this is common behavior in the animal kingdom, but we just started noticing it in our corgis. when we first got kai, the inside of her ears would be filthy with that dark ear wax substance. but keahi has since picked up the habit of licking them clean - kai will just sit there while keahi gives her the ultimate wet willy. not that we're complaining. but keahi is now starting to "clean" kai's "poop chute" area after she goes no. 2.

is that also part of normal grooming behavior? does anyone else have dogs that groom each other in peculiar ways?

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know about the "poop chute" area, but, each morning, Duncan and our cat, Lissie go through a ritual. First, Duncan will clean the cats ears, then the cat with clean his ears. They've been doing this since they both were little. Duncan was 8 weeks when I got him and Lissie was about 4 months old at the time.
All the dogs we've had always groomed each other, but not down there. I've never seen or heard of that before. But, personally, I would stop that behavior due to hygiene issues.

That's cute how she/he keeps her clean though, lol!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service