Midas has been limping for about 3wks now. 2wks ago we had taken him to the vet for it and they checked him over. The lady was pulling all over our poor little man and made my baby cry! She decided it was his left front elbow that was the cause of all this limping. She gave him a small pain medication and placed him on restricted activity for 2wks, hoping it was just a soft tissue problem. She told us to come back if it persisted so they could take an x-ray. Well he has yet to show any signs of improvement. This means an expensive x-ray bill and possible corrective surgery. Who knows how much that will cost! We go in tomorrow to take the x-ray and find out what the real cause of all this is. Needless to say, I'm nervous! He's only 5 1/2 months old. They said it could be a number of problems because of the area it's in. I just don't see how it could be anything too serious because he only limps when he wake up from a nap and after a good play session. Other than that he seems to walk normal. Has anybody else experienced this or something close? I would just like some ideas of things that could happen before I walk in tomorrow possibly blindsided...

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bet he wont mind the massages! Im happy hes okay.. Good luck!
I've just recently noticed Saxon with a limp/hitch in his walk, but he runs like a champ. It was like all of a sudden he walked differently, but he's really been growing by leaps and bounds. He doesn't seem to be in any pain at all, just walks funny. He's six months old and weighs around 25 lbs. (where did my little puppy go). I'm going to try giving him the large breed food in Science Diet gradually to see if that makes a difference.
My corgi strained one of his legs while playing at the dog park. It caused a little hitch in his giddy-up. I was initially worried it might be a sign of Lyme Disease, but after making him take it easy for a few days, it went away and he's back to his version of normal. Glad to hear that your pup just needs to take a timeout.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service