Does any of your Corgi puppy vomits in the mornings... during their waking hours (before they eat). I used to feed my dogs three times a day. But now, due to my busier schedule, I switched to a twice daily routine. With the dinner meal at 6pm.

Faye (5 mo old) vomits a "white-watery vomit" in the morning. And only at that time. It happened 3 times now. Is this normal?

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sometimes a pups stomach stays empty just a tad too long. With the youngsters here we usually give a biscuit just before going to bed and when waking in the morning. You dont say how old your pup is or how frequently you feed. That may help me give a better answer.
Hi Sam:

Faye is 5 mo old. And I feel her twice a day, last meal at 6pm.

Why do they vomit in the morning? You were leading to empty stomach as a probable cause. But is it due to the acid content and the anatomy of their stomach that causes them to regurgitate in the mornings??
That doesn't seem normal to me, switched to a new food / treats lately?
If they started vomiting after you switched to only twice a day, then you may want to started feeding smaler portions then start with little more each day because it may have been a big switch or you should contact your vet and ask for advice
Truly this is not an uncommon problem. I suspect if you feed her a biscuit before bed and upon waking in the morning you will find this quickly disappears. I am not a vet nor do I play one on TV but my experience tells me that sometimes an empty tummy does cause this problem. They often grow out of it as well.
Yes. That was my initial assumption, as Bonni did have tis experience when she was a puppy. Only difference is that her's was a bit yellow. And the vet did tell me it has to do with the anatomical features of the dog's GI, and the empty stomach. And she grew out of it. I just wanted to see if any other Corgi experiences this as well.

Thank for all the advice.

Bests,
Candy
It's not normal, personally I'd ask a vet, besides what's been mentioned it can even be a sore throat, although for that it's usually coughing up foam rather than vomiting, but if they swallow the phlegm they may then vomit it up
Our lab mix has this problem. He's two years old now, but we still have to feed him twice a day, because he can't go 24 hours between meals without throwing up stomach acid. He just has a really sensitive tummy for some reason. I would also suggest trying a snack right before bed to see if that solves the problem.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service