It seems just like children that dogs have the same affect when they see other dogs getting away with things or staying somewhere that allows them to do stuff they usually aren't allowed.

"Well grandma let me have cake for breakfast!"

Do you have this same experience at times?

It seems and may be because she is still a young dog that Roxi gets influenced either by friends or family when we visit them for longer periods of time and/or has learned bad habits from their own dogs.

for example: she now has learned to jump up when she wants something and begs at the table which I'm sure some of you know is a pain to retrain out of.

Is it normal for corgi owners to have this issue? friends and family taking a well behaved dog for granted? or not listening to the 'parents' requests on rules?

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Corgis are the ideal opportunists. Indeed they will learn quickly what they can do to receive the desired item/attention. With six in residence I can tell you not a one will beg from me at the table. But.......just let hubby sit to eat and they drool on him. Ticks him off..........why does it happen? Well because he feeds them of course! Yep, they can learn quickly when they are with folks that dont endorse the rules.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service