I have 2 males, one is 20mths old and been neutered for about 3 months, and then one that just was neutered last week. Right before I got the last one neutered, who is just turning a yr. old, they got into a fight that left both of them bloody around the face. Now any time they see each other they start fighting real bad. Do you think this will change or are they doomed to fight for the rest of their lives? If it continues, I am afraid I will have to get rid of one of them and I love them both but cant have them fight and hurt each other any more. I am desperate for this to stop.

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My female corgi has attacked all 3 of my male corgis and has left them with some major injuries several times...all three have needed stitches at one point in time...with our old male I believe that it was a territory thing...we got her first and then 3 years later we adopted our old one....but she has really gone after the two male puppies that I have...so we have gates up and keep the males in the kitchen and she goes every where else....I think that your guys may be getting territorial and at this point and time I would keep them away from each other and if you do decide to put them together keep an extremely close eye on them...the only other suggestion would be to get a dog trainer the specializes in behavioral issues that would come to your house that way they could see how your dogs interact with each other and see what they say on how to handle the situation...
oh my bullmastiff thats 9 years old and is 180pounds has tried to acually has bitten daisy my 14 pound corgi...it wasnt a pretty sight and we might get rid of him becase daisy wont even play with one of her toys or eat any biscuits.....and its just sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our experience has been once dogs get into a true brawl that they will always have the propensity to do so. I always recommend obedience classes for those that own corgis. Even more important when a person has more than one dog. I think earlier neutering would have been beneficial in your case. When dogs, both male and female reach sexual maturity and are still "entire" there are changes to deal with. Corgis are notoriously possessive which is often a trigger for a fight. They are most protective of their food and special toys/treats. High excitement level is also another trigger for aggressive behavior. Typically there have been many warning signs along the way but unless one is familiar with body language of dogs it goes unnoticed. Though training will help to a point I suspect these two will never live in true harmony. They will either have to be separated or very well supervised. Good luck.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service