Do you have any special "play moves" that your corgi loves or hates?

Sage has a ton of them.

1. The wrangle and subdue: when she least expects it, grab her and cover her with your whole body as she grumbles and barks.

2. The puppy eaters: tickling her to her delight

3. The pummel punch: fake punching her with a shirt wrapped around your hand (which she likes to bite)

4. Pinch the pooch butt: self explanitory

5. The "ass spatula": when she lays on her back with all four paws up in the air and you put both hands under her hiney and bounce it up and down. hehehe...that one's my favorite

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kiki sleeps on my feet or right underneath me often while I'm working. When it's time to take a break I lean down and wake her up by tickling her feet, or right under her chin.

She knows it's playtime when I lay on my back on the ground.. she'll come trotting from across the room and jump right onto my chest and try to "get" my hands. We've taught her not to bite hands, but during playtime she'll just open her mouth and lightly catch a finger or shirt, then politely lick it after.
While playing games with corgis is a delight I would caution you to continue games that encourage growling and biting. Many dogs have no clue where the fun ends and the aggression begins. We have received countless dogs in our rescue program with behaviors that started out as a game. Remember that you must be able to stop the game at any time so your dog learns the limits.
Amiga loves to be tickled and played with. She also gets really excited when I attack her with a hand under the covers ... she sees the shape of the hand moving towards her like an approaching shark fin and she goes bonkers.. then lurches and attacked the hand.

She also love to chase me and be chased ... she does this with my friends too. If you run from her she will chase you around the table up and down the stairs and around the couches .. then if you suddenly turn and run towards her she runs and let you chase her around all the same place and back and forth back and forth.

She also plays "hand slap" .. if you slap her paw, she slaps your hand and back and forth.

She also has crazy 10-second spats of chasing her own tail. That is when I use the nickname "Nut Case." Hahaha!
I don't know if Winston likes this game but I do. I'll hide under a blanket and lay still under it and poke my hand out and make some random noise... He always barks like mad and tries to get my hand... And after a little bit I'll pop out and scare him and it's so funny. He'll literally run circles around me like 5 times in a row and then jump-attack me. I love doing that one because it's so funny when he runs around me in circles. I have a video of it up... Hahaha
Zed enjoys something similar to this. I'll get under a comforter or bed spread and crawl around on all fours and make random sounds. Zed goes nuts!
CorgiBear does not ike the "being covered with a body by the owner", oh yea she grumbles. Now WE do bath daily and have clean feet, however CorgiBear LOVES to take our socks off of our feet. Whether we are in bed or just took our shoes off.....she grabs our socks and sometimes our toes...ou chhhhhhhh.....and takes our socks off our feet. I dont think either of us have a pair of socks without holes and tears....guess what is on our gift list :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service