I would just like to share how I have kept my corgis healthy. I resisted for years feeding my dogs raw food, but came to realize now that I would never feed them anything else. Feeding them raw food has cleared up all their skin problems, has improved their disposition and calmed them down and has kept them nice and lean. It has improved their colon health, made them happy and entergetic. It keeps their teeth clean and i could go on and on.....want to keep the dog healthy ....get rid of kibble and grains and feed them raw!

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first boy JC came from a breeder who feed the raw food diet, so we keep him on it for awhile, but he would only eat red meat with no veggies and if I put vitamins in it he would not eat it at all. After going a 4 days with not eating, and having yellow barf, he got kibble and loved it. Now that is not a picky boy he eats everything, he loves veggies, yogurt, chicken and every thing else. He and Gilliam eat grain/rice free kibble in the am and Barf (bones and raw food diet) at night. This way I know they get a little from both worlds, (if I had more time to prepare their meals all food would be raw). This has helped out so much with JC’s arthritis to avoid all foods with grain. If you have time, and really read and talk to your vet and a someone who has been feeding a raw diet with healthy dogs I feel it is worth the time for your dog health.
I don't really understand.. what is "raw food" ? I feed Louis Preformatrin Ultra Chicken (worked wonders for his coat, always receiving compliments on it)
That is wonderful! The biggest differance I see is NO plaque, no doggy smell, tiny once a day firm poops, energy, non stinky urine and poop, shine in the coat, NO DOGGY BREATH! The plaque was what i noticed first, it took 1 week for it to get rid of all the horrible plaque my babies had. Its nothing short of amazing!

Oh and K hartshorn, it was probably the veggies and the vitaments that were the problem. all dogs need is meat. Her is a simple and awesome FAQ on a prey model raw diet. its so simple, and so good for the doggies.

http://www.rawlearning.com/rawfaq.html

and Dudewheresmycorgi (awesome name btw) Raw feed means no kibble, you feed your dog raw meaty bones like chicken leg quarters, beef ribs, turkey necks and organs like liver, heart, kidney with some raw egg too. Its awesome!
CAUTION:
We fed our first corgi raw chicken drumsticks, wings and necks, but it was a turkey neck that killed her. She was a small dog and inhaled her food. She choked.
But she lived well for >6 years on raw meat alone, swallowing chicken wings, etc., whole. Before this, she was having skin problems that caused her to chew nickel-quarter sized sores in her skin -- possibly a food allergy.
Now we feed commercial frozen ground raw meat dog food along with some sweet potato/whitefish kibble. The more kibble, the more the poop is soft, messy, smelly. Raw meat poop is odorless and firm.

This post has re-interested me in reducing/eliminating the kibble to see what effect that has on breath/teeth.
Maybe they need some fresh raw beef bones, too, for gnawing. They have some plaque buildup.
Your Right John---I don't feed them bones unless it is ground in a patty form. They can choke on bones or get bowel perforation. I always use prepared patties....they are totally safe. I also never feed Chicken or Turkey to stay away from Samonella.

Take care of those cute Corgis!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service