Did your puppy have a late night stomach problem?

I heard that it's common in puppies to have upset stomachs randomly but we were thinking this may be something different.

I was wondering if anyone else's pup urped up every few nights?

At first we thought it was the heat so we left the AC on all night in the TV room on low.. then we thought it could just be late night eating so we took her food away at 8pm every night which seemed to work better.

but it still happened every now and then.

Its just odd because she's not overfed and treats are usually normal (except the occasional boiled egg in the kong or peanut butter. Random healthy snacks.)

We always watch her so its extremely rare when she eats anything that she shouldn't (plastic, trash, stuff at friend's houses, what puppies get into).

Should we get her checked out or is it normal for this age?

If your pup did this, how did you help them out? :)

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How old is your pup? When my dogs get upset stomach, I feed them a charcoal pill, the same pill that you get from drug store, the activated charcoal acts a like sponge and absorpt whatever is in the system, becareful tho, because it also absorp the good stuff like vitamins too, so don't feed it along with your meds or pills. Anyone else have any suggestions?
I was going to say it could be stomach acids but I'm not sure. Maybe try a new food. My dogs only puke when their stomachs are very empty and the acids build up. That and when they're sick. lol! But it doesn't sound like your dog is sick. Hmm, don't know.
I agree about trying a new food. Kirby had stomach problems the first few days we had him fr but once we found treats and food that were right for him he's been much better. I am sure, just like a person, your dog could have certain foods/ingredients that just don't agree with her tummy. This seems especially likely given it seemed to get better when you adjusted her eating habits. If you switch foods and it persists I would definetly ask the vet about it though. Good luck!
Daisy did this for almost a month straight. (She is 6 months now.) I took her to the vet and she recommended changing foods. Also, i give her a little handful of kibble before bedtime and that seems to help with any discomfort during the night...She would wake me up at 4 a.m. every night dry heaving! Good Luck! I feel for you!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service