Alright here is another odd question. Everyone has been so helpful...aroooo.

I bath Corgi with EarthSource shampoo about every two weeks sometimes less if she starts to smell like bag of corn chips. I wonder if I should wash her with guacamole and salsa...:)

I have asked around and I have heard, try to blow dry her instead of hours of air dry. Tried that this time, she seems to smell fresh longer.

But what is causing this odor? Is it her feet?

Looking forward to any replies....anyone got a favorite salsa :)

Views: 540

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you sure your are getting all the soap out when you rinse? Sounds like chemical residue from the shampoo. Also, is her breath OK? If her breath is bad, it could be dental related. At least her owner has a sense of humor!
I dont like to let him air dry cuz he runs around the apt. like crazy scratching against the carpet. i bath and rinse him then i use a bath towel to dry him by hand cuz hes a big poof ball. But i am also curious how other owners here dry their corgi as well. any other suggestions?
Yea, before I used the air dryer she would run around drying herself on the carpet etc. What is it about wet dogs and the house? We used a towel but she had so much hair etc that she would still be damp. Yea what do other owners do?
I've never heard of people just letting their dogs run free from a bath without toweling them off :) I though thats what it meant to airdry them since they're always still softly damp after a toweling hehe.

I spend a good few minutes rubbing Roxi down with a big towel when she's done. I sit down with my back against the bathroom door and she hops right into my lap (towel across) and we fluff away lol.
I also make her shake three times with the curtain drawn after we're done by saying "ShikaShika!".

I will agree, It may be left over soap. A good way to tell is to run your hand down each leg and squeeze the feet softly since they act like a sponge and see if anything comes out and run your hand down the sides of the body and back using the space between your pointer finger and thumb as a sort of scoop. If you get clear water squeezed out your good :)

I know some people who don't use enough soap as well actually.. so the dog may smell clean but everything under that first real layer of fur is still dirty
THAT IS HILARIOUS! I OFTEN SAY TO MY BOYFRIEND THAT MY CORGI'S FEET SMELL LIKE FRITOS! FORTUNATELY I LOVE FRITOS AND IT IS DEFINITELY BETTER THAN THE SMELL OF MY BOYFRIEND'S FEET. AS FAR AS THE CURE FOR THAT... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU. THAT'S USUALLY MY INDICATOR IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER BATH-MUST BE A CORGISM!
I just started another thread on this topic ,guess i should have read further !! LOL. I Towel dry her and use two sinks to clean her (one for the rinse) .Been doing it every two weeks .Have yet to smell to smell corn chips ...
Many of the users of gocorgi.com (which got hacked overnight) have commented on the "Frito feet" smell. Charlie's feet sometimes smell like Fritos. This is gross, but people have also commented on Corgis peeing on their front feet. Guess it's a problem with "alignment". LOL Charlie doesn't pee on his feet, but I have noticed sometimes he pees, then walks right through the grass where he just piddled. My conclusion is that the result is "Frito feet".

Bathing more than once a month can strip the oils out of their skin and result in a dry coat. I put Charlie in about an inch of water in the tub and just wash his feet in between full baths.
I think Charlie has hit on something. I see Augie lift his leg, pee, then step right in the puddle he just made! Charlotte squats, so she doesn't seem to walk in hers....I usually try to encourage Augie to walk aound a it before he comes back in the house(wipe off those feet).
Isn't it lovely that Corgi pee smells like Frito's, instead of, um well....smelling like pee? :) I always loved his little Frito feet...until I figured out the source of the aroma.
Gonzo does this! It is so nasty! I try to make him walk around outside or I wipe his feet when we come in.
Yup. We've got Frito feet, too. But a coworker of mine says her dogs' feet smell the same, and she has cavalier spaniels. Maybe the whole foot/scent marking business?
While taking a nap with Brynn i got a whiff of her " Frito Feet " !! It is cause she walks in her pee . Kinda gross , but not that bad of a smell :)
I agree with just washing the feet more often .

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service