Hey Everyone,

Our Dingo needs a harness for his leash (he can slip out of his collar) But since he has a funny little corgi body... the normal harness we bought for him doesn't fit him correctly. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Christina,
You might try a greyhound collar. It tightens when they pull on the leash. My Charlotte can pull out of it, but only when she is being really stubborn. Carol
Do you have a PetSmart around? There is a harness that I suggest to my clients. It's called a "comfort harness." It's made with a double ring on the top. The harness fits kind of like a bra would: The legs go through the holes and the straps come around the withers. It's adjustable on the breastbone, as well. It usually fits barrel chested dogs very well.
Lupine collars work very well. They have two different loops of which you can attach a lead. One has a slip function much like the greyhound collar. The other works like a plain buckle collar. Depending on what you are planning at the particular time you can choose the loop you need. Several of my pals used this for agility classes where only a plain buckle collar was used.
Thanks for the input everyone! I appreciate it!!

I don't know about your corgies but when ours gets free from his leash it's a good 30 minutes of chasing him around the neighborhood... he thinks it's sooooooo funny!
When you corgi gets loose and runs try calling him as you're running the opposite direction. Sometimes that works.
I got the size that fit Tracker's chest and pulled the stitches and resewed the collar part. Fits him well. Sewing machine was barely heavy enough but it did it.
Ken

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service