Foxi will pant or breath heavy when its time to go to bed or just while relaxing with me on the sofa in the evenings. This isnt from playing(although she does it after play like normal) its like something she does when she's tired or something. Its weird!! should I be alarmed? Does anyone else have a corgi that does this?

Views: 12609

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Many things could contribute to a dog that breathes heavy. Age and weight could both be involved. A dog at rest that is young and healthy should not be breathing heavy. I think this would be worth an exam by your vet.
If it is just fast breathing (no sound of congestion, and no sound like it's labored painful breathing) I think it's normal for young puppies. (No other symptoms of any problem, I take it?) I remember being concerned about Charlie breathing fast too, when we were just relaxing watching TV. I think they either outgrow it, or you get so accustomed to it as "normal" and quit noticing. Charlie got a clean bill of health with his first checkup and with his following two visits for puppy shots.

I've seen a lot of people ask the same question about fast puppy breathing across several forums. If you're due soon for puppy shots, you might ask the vet about it, or just make a quick phone call to your vet for peace of mind.
If Foxi is panting or breathing while resting when it's time to go to bed or just chilling out on the couch you may want to bring her to the vet for a check up. If she's not overweight or have any other noticeable health problems then another possibility could be anxiety, anxiousness or excitement. In any case for peace of mind you may want to make an appointment with your vet. Your vet will want to do a hands-on exam to be able to make a better more accurate diagnosis. Good luck.
Brynn does this sometimes while were watching T.V. too ! I think it is anxiety, and anxiousness . She knows it's getting close to bed time and starts to act up a bit .
Don;t know if it's just my puppy but she seems to get cranky if were up past her bed time .!!! She lets us know :)
Rosie does the same thing! Once she is asleep her breathing returns to normal. I think it is just her body's way of settling down to rest. She was just at the vet for a checkup and my vet says she is fine. Rosie has done this since she was a tiny baby.
Mia is 10 weeks old and she is a heavy breather and pants constantly also. I think it's just her thou. She does it when she's sleeping and everything. She just went to the vet and she she had a good checkup. I will ask him about it thou when I take her for her 3rd shot.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service