I am interested to know if anyone has ever successfully trained their Corgi to put their toys away into a specific corner or basket. I have been thinking of training Gonzo to do this, but if it's simply too much for a dog I don't want to waste my time when I should be working on other things for him!

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting this, I would LOVE to know how to train my dog to put his toys away too :)
Zed is like a little kid. Scatters toys everywhere and never picks up after himself.
I'm working with Luna, my one yr old on this now. She has her bones and "ducks" everywhere - worse than a 2yr old human. Luna has mastered the "pick up" command, and will take the toy to her "box" and "drop it", but when we get to about 3 toys, her nose is buried in the box and she's rooting around for more toys to play with. Kai, her 5yr old brother, just lays around and watches, I guess he feels it's "woman's work"! Perhaps a solution is to get rid of some of the toys????? Let me know how u do.
Thanks for the "pick up" and "box" commands, I never would have thought of those. Maybe I will start working with Gonzo soon. We do have a lot of toys for him, and I switch his toys out once a month so he won't get bored.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service