I feel silly asking this..... how long do male puppies pee by squatting? Steve is 8wks old and has been squatting to pee. It looks like he started to lift one of his hind leg (ever so slightly) from today. This is my first time having a puppy and my friends don't remember what their dogs did when they were puppies so I'm curious to know what other corgi and puppies owners experienced.

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We got Ein at 10 weeks and he was already lifting his leg. Our lab on the other hand. He's three years old and he still doesn't lift his leg. He just arches forward a bit and pees standing up with all 4 legs on the floor.
I enjoyed reading everyone's experiences. Steve is now 4months and lifts his leg about 75% of the time when he's home but always squats in public.
Problem with the lifting is that every time he puts his leg down he steps right in his pee and leaves a trail. I need to train him to wipe his feet before coming inside the house (I wonder if anyone ever tried this?)
We have a towel right inside the back door, and while Brody won't wipe his feet himself, he knows to wait for us to wipe the, but I like the idea of training him to do it himself -- less work for me!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service