Short story at bottom

I mean i guess my pups have just come to an equal balence of dominance but is this normal? My dogs have a really odd dominace structor(sp?). Megan doesnt really mind being at the bottom of the chain. But Abby makes sure she stays there. Trevor just doesnt really care were he stays but Abby like "imagines" that there is this huge complicated dominance structor. Trevor has never shown dominant behavior exept the ocasional growl when Abby tries to steel his toy he is playing with. But Abby if fairly dominant over her toys and space. If Megan is in the kitchen or near the toy box or crate Abby will give her this "stare" and slowly creep up on her. head low, hair raised, ocasional growl, Megan will leave but Abby will herd her into a corner, she has never gone after Megan, she will just keep her in the corner. If we see her doing this we say "Leave her" and she runs into her crate. We yell at her and then after 5 minutes she is allowed out of her crate. She has gotten a lot better abount this and she barely ever does this anymore. Also she is a little dominant about her toys. Trevor on the other hand is sweet and just really doesnt care. he will walk up to Megan and give her a nice kiss on her nose; Megan doesnt like this; but he just doesnt really care. But Abby has this weird theory that she is not allowed to eat before trevor is done. She will lay in her crate untill he has compleatly finnished and has walked away, then she wil slowly come out of her crate and eat. Is this a normal behavior?

So a long story short--The most dominant pup in the house turns completely submissive while Trevor (the most submissive dog in the house) eats. Is this a normal behavior?

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To avoid issues down the road I would highly suggest that "treasured" toys only be available when the dogs are confined. Having multi-dogs is challenging. Sounds like you have done a good job observing them however you need to also be pro-active regarding what may cause a problem down the road. Many corgis are possessive and if allowed to continue you can bet the behavior will greatly increase as the pups grow older. One dog should never be allowed to corner another. This is a recipe for disaster. I would also suggest feeding the dogs in their crates. Food is a trigger for most corgis.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service