Being a fairly new corgi owner I'm not aware of any common ear problems..
Rylee's left ear is looking kinda red and Im somewhat worried, allthough it doesn't seem to be bothering him at all...
I was just wondering if anyone had any home remedies or suggestions?

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It doesn't matter what breed you have ALL dogs inevitably get ear infections! If you suspect one you should see your vet because different things can cause ear infections. They will be able to take a ear swab sample and determine if it is a yeast or bacterial infection. Sometimes the medication they will prescribe will vary depending on the type of infection. Usually they will have you clean the ear for about a week and then recommend 1-2 times weekly cleaning. For a home-made cleaner try a half vinegar and half water mixture, never use soap and water. The vinegar will help dry the ear out which means less yeast and bacteria! Just squirt some right in the ear and use cotton balls to wipe it out.
Yep, I agree on the vet visit. Could also be ear mites though those usually are a bit itchy to a dog. Typically corgis have very few problems with their ears due to the upright structure which allows them plenty of air and not the moist dark environment where yeast infections usually thrive. It can happen though, my rescue cardi boy has to have his ears cleaned twice weekly to keep him free of infections. Best to have a definitive diagnosis so you may treat them accordingly.
My first Corgi Basil would develop ear infections periodically. Vet visit is a smart move. Not something you want to wait on. We now have a foolproof ear infection prevention device. Our little Shiza-poo. Potter fastideously cleans out our Corgis ears. She is like a cat grooming the other dogs. The Corgis really seem to enjoy it. Kinda grossed me out at first, but it seems to be a bonding thing.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service