I was wondering what's a good thing to feed dogs that are vomiting. I've heard that and meal of boiled chicken and cooked rice is good, but I wanted to be sure.

Scout got sick a few nights ago in his kennel (he probably had to go out really bad and nobody heard him). And this morning he had too much cheese too early and got sick again. He's doing alright now, though. He's been resting for most of the day. I took him on a few short walks (we met another corgi that lives just across the street, but that's a different story).

Views: 2000

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dont feel bad, im sure a lot of people dont know about grapes. I know i didnt until a few years ago, and we had been giving Gizmo a grape here and there whenever we opened the fridge, it must take a good amount to do real damage with grapes, i think they just cant digest the skins or something. and Gizmo will be 7 years old this week...and he is still very healthy, happy, and hyper!! =)
Kahlua recently got sick too! She is just barely over 4 months now. I actually took her to the vet yesterday, and he put her temporarily on a soft, intestinal food, made by Eukanuba. He told me to give her ice cubes instead of water, because a vomiting dog will only vomit water if it has too much too soon, and to allow her tummy to settle, and i was only allowed to give her two tablespoons of the special food for dinner! Poor thing looked like she was starving. He also gave me an RX of Amfolorn (spelling?) Just 15 mg, it's an anti-diarrehal. One dropperfull, three times a day. She seems to be doing better...but still a little tired. Hopefully she will be back to herself in just a couple of days!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service