I'm traveling towards the end of the year and my fluffy Corgi will be almost a year old when we take the trip. At 14 weeks, he's weighing 15 lbs -- big ol' fluff ball. His breeder said she'd flown with one of her dogs in a soft-sided Sherpa bag, under the seat, and he did GREAT... I'm going to ask her about the size of the bag she used -- but I'm curious -- have any of you flown and what type of bag did you use? I certainly don't want him in Cargo -- I want him with me, under the seat (it's not that long of a flight) but I'm concerned about him fitting!

Views: 12892

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've flown my Corgi several times. One was Atlanta-Sacramento, and the other from Los Angeles-Japan. Dee Dee was about 25 lb both times, and we flew her in the cabin with us on the first. She didn't like it at all, and was very stressful for us. She didn't like the bag, and started digging the bag. It was Sherpa soft-sided bag. One of the connection, the flight attendants were very strict, and we couldn't let her head out. The other, she was able to stick her head out since flt attndants were nice about it. When she was able to stick her head out, she was calm and no one noticed she was there.

When we flew to Japan, we had no choice, but put her in cargo. We have foldable Nylabone hard sided cage she uses as regular crate at home. On the way there, I was so scared for her, and every time the plane shakes a bit, I would be whispering to myself (pretending like my dog can hear), "it's ok, it's ok. mommy's here. you are ok". I'm sure people thought I was nuts! She was fine. When we got to Tokyo, her water was mostly spilled on her cushion, but she was fine. On the way back from Japan to LA, both she & I were calmer about it. When we got her back at the terminal in LA, she was completely fine.

We flew Delta Airline for Atl-Sacramento trip, and Korean Airlines for LA-Japan. How dogs are handled really depends on not which airlines, but more of who is working on that flight. Whether to fly or not really depends on dog's personality as well. We really don't fly Dee Dee any more since we have found a really nice kennel here in Sacramento area. If it's a short trip, and dog doesn't really need to be there, maybe the dog will be happier being at home or at kennel. With us, since we were gonna be gone to Japan for 1-3 years (ended up there for 2 years), so we had no choice. I wasn't about to be away from my baby for 2 years!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service