Does anyone take their corgi(s) to a doggie daycare? I have an "interview" set up for Emmy at a local facility, and now I am getting nervous. I love the idea of her playing and having fun while I am at work rather than being home alone for most of the day, but I am worried that maybe she will be overwhelmed or won't like it and I don't want it to change her outlook on other dogs. Currently she LOVES all dogs, so I don't really know what I am worried about, but I am being an over protective mother I guess. If anyone has any advise or can think of any questions I should ask please let me know.
Thank you!!

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No advice here cause Eric and I are worried about the SAME things.

We were talking tonight that we were afraid that he might become aggressive if he is around large dogs a lot. We want him to be happy and socialize ... we just don't know the right thing to do.
Being worried is perfectly normal... there are a lot of bad facilities out there but there are also good ones..

An interview is a good start but I would also ask for the contacts of previous customers or ask around to see if anyone can give you good advice on the one your considering.

If you don't feel good at all leaving your baby.. then be sure to find a situation you like! Its no fun going on vacation and worrying the whole time.. (yes you'll worry anyways but about normal stuff instead ;))

Goodluck!
I know a woman at my work that takes her dog to doggie day care. She works 9-7, and she loves it. She feels her dog is well cared for, and when they get home, he is tired out from playing all day. My sister used a doggie day care just a couple days a week, because her dog was bored, and acting out from being home alone all day. She also loved it. I'd say, go on the interview, and see if you can leave Emmy for just a few hours as a trial. See how she reacts to it. I'm sure a reputable one will give you some kind of trial. Also, do like human day care, drop in unaannounced, and see whats going on. Remember, dogs are pack animals. As long as they are supervised well, they will probaly have a blast.
Thanks everyone. I am feeling a little better now. I was very impressed with my first visit, I think we'll give it a try. :-)
I used to take our corgi every two weeks while someone cleaned our house (and rid of all the hair!!!). He would come home EXHAUSTED. It was great. I think it's great for the dogs to interact, and get some exercise.
We took Lola to one a couple time & it was GREAT! She got to be part of a pack for a day & came home exhausted :) What was even better was the place had video cameras there, so I could watch her from work, live!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service