little bear pees all over my mom's house... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay, little bear's gastroenteritis is under control. and thanks to everyone who commented me, it was greatly appreciated!!!

i have a HUGE problem. my mother lives about 2 hours away from me, so i go up with little bear every month and visit her. well, she has a corgi GIRL who is 2 months older than little bear. they play-fight non-stop. i cannot believe these two do not pass out from exhaustion. the only time we can get them to stop is when we give them some food or water, or physically seperate them. and they're not fighting... its like wrestling, chasing each other around, just very playful. just a couple of puppies playing around...

well, little bear winds up PEEING ALL OVER EVERYTHING!!! he doesn't do this anywhere else.......... not at home, not at other friend's houses, not even at my dad's and he has cats (who pee on the carpet). this is only with loulou, and he is marking his territory, telling her that he is the boss when in reality she is...

my questions are, will the play fighting ever stop (and is this normal) and HOW do i make him stop doing this? i don't want to have to seperate them, but at this point it seems like my only option. if you lean in and stop them and use the ever so mahvelous cesar milian techniques, they STILL go back to play fighting a few seconds later. both corgis know who the pack leaders are (me for bear and mama for lou) and they listen to us, but i'm pretty sure its gonna wind up being his and her rooms. has anyone ever had this problem?

i'm getting desperate. he's been doing this since he started to stick his leg up to pee... i'm going to have to leave him at a kennel when i go see her if this continues. i mean, we had to steam clean the entire house, and he was in a crate half the weekend. i'm getting fed up, and i take him out to pee QUITE often over there, and he pees a LOT, and we make sure not to give him free access to water (although he does get it, lol). i'm gonna go insane. he is such a good boy the rest of the time... just not there. wtf is going on?!?!?!?!?! is it just that he wants to trump loulou? to show her who's boss? if we leave them alone, then that's when he does it. if we're around he doesn't.

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know the first question on everyone's mind. Is he neutered? : - )

The play fighting is a good thing for socialization. The indoor territiory marking is obviously not a good thing! I would say you'll need to keep him on a leash or in a crate while he's indoors at your mothers, and take him out at any sign of leg hiking. Does your mom have a backyard where the dogs can play? If not, you might look for a park in her city where you can take the dogs out to play.

I have a similar problem with Charlie; maybe worse. He is housetrained and does not urine mark in our house. However anyone else's house is fair game for him to urine mark as his own territory. He is simply not allowed to roam freely in anyone's house. It's pretty annoying, but unless or until he learns that anyone's "indoors" is not the place to mark, he's tethered to me on leash or put in his travel crate.
to make a long story short, he's not neutered and she's not spayed. yet.
Is Little bear intact? if so it is a part of the trade off because of the "raging" hormone :) Also is she intact as well? If so, could she be in her heat cycle? usually there is a non bleeding first week before the actual bleeding occurs. That would explain why he's always "in her face", may be he's young and confuse, not sure how to treat a lady :)

If she is not intact, then it is in fact like you said, they're trying to establish ranking. I remember years ago when we first introduce Vienna into our family, in the beginning we had problem with Mocha's urine marking, but once the ranking was figured out, the marking stop. They no longer threaten each other and everyone knew their place, harmony was again restored.
Maybe until this pee problem is all sorted out you could use puppy "pampers" whenever you go to your mom's house. They have the disposable type and the type that you can wash and reuse. Good luck.
The spay/neuter status has already been addressed. Not sure how much interaction he has with other dogs but perhaps this is the only playmate he has access to? If so I would think you would do well to have other outlets for him to interact with other dogs. I would also suggest that you plan a "controlled" energy outlet for this pair such as walking together in a well behaved fashion. He is a young dog and playing is far more on his mind then anything else, ever going out to relieve himself. This may also be a good time to put him back on lead and tie him to you so he doesnt have the access to constant play. Not sure if you have done any training classes but I think that would help too. May be good to invest in a crate to leave at your moms for periodic rests. A belly band may also help remind him that he does not lift his leg in the house.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service