I'm thinking about buying Oakley a new crate since her current one is extremely large and bulky. I would like to buy a soft sided crate. I'm curious as to what your experiences are with soft versus hard sided crates. Do you have a favorite brand? Where did you purchase it? What size do you have?

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kate,

Timmy has a soft sided crate and I love it. We use it at dog expos, shows and just at home. I bought the Noz 2 Noz brand online through Petco (cheaper than in store). It's very convenient to take with you on trips, folds down almost flat, has buckle snap closures to hold it flat, lots of windows, zipper opening on the top as well as in the front. And it only weighs around 5 pounds, if that. If you have a dog that scratches or digs at the fabric, I'm not sure if it would be sturdy enough. The fabric is really a sturdy canvas. Check it out in the store. They are a little pricier than some of the other brands, but with the way I'm always shlupping mine around, it's really been worth it.
We got a port a crate brand from pets mart http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2755174
The soft crate is light, quite sturdy, but if your dog is a scratcher, it might not work well. I think the fabric traps odor, the fur tend to dig into the fabric and static could be a problem. we use it as a temporary shelter during an out door event. we keep it in the car. It is not something you want to use on a plane, I will go with a hard shell one for air travel.
I wouldn't trust Charlie not to "eat" it or rip it with his nails. That's what he does with his bedding and anything else "soft" that I let him have. : - ) I'm fairly happy with the wire crate that folds down flat if it needs to be transported.
Soft sided crates are great for travel or temporary and supervised containment. I wouldnt count on them for much more than that.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service