Soooo... *looks at chewed up amp... looks at angry other half*

whats the range that teen years usually take place for our little kids? I know Corgi's have this range where they tend to act out and go into teenage fits of "Im the alfa I swear!"

and!

Whats the best way to train/start trusting your little one to be alone? We started small trials of 30 min alone to see what happens and catch her if she's being bad.. but is there really a point you know its ok? or is it just parently instinct where you go "ok.. its good now."

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Puppies usually start adolescence around 6 months of age. Charlie sure did! Most breeds "recover" from the terrible teens aorund 18 months. From what I've read, Corgis tend to mature more slowly and may still be teenagers up to 24 months. I'd looling forward to hearing the experience of people with older Corgis. Charlie just turned 9 months old so we have a way to go.

On being alone, I don't know. : - ) I home-office so we're together almost 24 hours a day. When I run short errands I usually leave him in his kennel, but probably should start testing him with a little more freedom.
Yea she just turned a year old and like a clock in her brain just started acting out.. it was odd but I knew it was coming so it wasn't really a surprise. (though it was more me warning chris that it was coming and hearing back stories of the evil teen coming out)
I never knew they matured more slowly though :)
I think Mocha didn't really settle down under he was 3, I'll say once in a while he might have one of those days, but I know exactly what he's thinking so i can smell it before it's coming :)
heheheh have that sixth sense huh? :)

3 huh?... oh man... we got some time to go lol (but I wouldn't want to speed it up for the world)
Body is 22 months and definitely a "teenager". Last winter we wouldn't leave him in the house uncrated (he was either in the fenced in yard with his dog house, or in his crate if it was just too cold out). But this winter we decided to see how he would do in the house on those really cold days (I just couldn't bear to kennel him up all day long). Started with running errands and leaving him in. Then one day it was like -20 degrees, so I made sure the bathroom and laundry room doors were closed so he couldn't "shred" tissues or eat the cat food - I figured the cat can fend for herself and he did just great. Of course he never did chew anything he wasn't supposed to (except tissues). We still put him out most days as he has his yard to run around in then, but we know we can trust him in the house.
Hmmmm seems like everyone has this magic moment that something turns in their little ones head and everything goes back to normal hahahah

wonder if theres a way to brainwash them... hmmm ;)
She just turned one year on the 9th :) I knew about the teen years and knew they were coming but oh man.. when they hit!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service