I just received the most heartbreaking news today. My little 1 year 6 month old corgi has joint disease. She goes back in to the vet on Monday for extensive xrays to determine the extent of the damage. Surgery may be in her future, and at the very least my vet said she'll likely be on permanent medication. In the meantime I can't help but wonder how this happened. We got her from a reputable breeder of champion agility dogs. True, this was the 'runt' of the litter, and she is tiny (17 pounds) for a Corgi. But otherwise she's been healthy.

What I want to know is, what should I expect from here on out? What can I do to improve her quality of life? I'd love to hear from other owners who have had similar experiences. I want my little girl to be happy, healthy, and comfortable. She loves to run and play, and I hate seeing her mope around like this.

Views: 559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So sorry to hear about River.  My heart goes out to both of you.  But this web site is a great place to be, asking questions and sharing answers.  I hope that this is a managable condition.  Keep giving River lots of love.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service