I've had my corgi since december now and he doesnt listen to me unless i have food if i tell him to sit he wont sit but if i have a treat in my hand he does it perfectly also when i let him out it a huge struggle to get him inside ill call him to come inside and he just sits there if i come out and try to grab him he runs away. the running away is also another huge problem he'll grab a sock or my shoe and ill tell him to drop it but instead he runs away one time he had a battery in his mouth he was chewing on it and when i went to pick him up he ran it took me 15 minutes just to catch him . .... do you guys have training tips i feel like he sees himself as the dominant one and i dont want him to continue on to think that

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah yes, if your pup is around 6-8 months, he's probably going through adolescence. Which is quite annoying. My Eowyn did this around 6-8 months old an acted like a total spoiled human brat, but she didn't ignore me completely. We used her crate a whoooole bunch during this time. The best thing to do, like Sam said, exercise him a LOT! Play with him, run him around the block and give him good mental stimulation.

Eowyn is now 15 months old an has completely left that stage behind. Just about a week or two ago, she suddenly switched off that bratty atittude and started acting like the dog I've always wanted. She's good off-leash, listens and never has to go in her crate (except at nighttime for the minor reason she loves our nana to death and always loves on her in the middle of the night, LOL) But she can be left all day in the house now, out and about.

So just be patient and keep doing daily obedience training just to help him stay consistant. It'll soon ware off, I know. I was almost going insane with Eowyn when she was acting up, but it will go. Good luck!
Hello,

I have a 2 1/2 year old corgi (Lance) and I still dont think I could trust him by himself in the house. If he got too bored he would chew whatever he found. I really would love him out of his kennel when we go out but I dont want to chance him chewing anything. Is your corgi a chewer?

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service