When do you stop feeding corgi's 2 times a day, and then how much did you give them. Also, when do you transition from puppy food to adult food? Bella will be a year old on Monday, and we have to go buy her some food.

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like Bella is ready for grown up food, you want to transition it by mixing the pup and adult at first. Follow the package's recommendation. If she is used to feeding twice a day, just cut the portion in half.
I switched Charlie from puppy food to an all life stages food between 6-7 months. The adult food I chose has a lot more calories per cup than the puppy food had, so I was able to cut back the amount of food to keep the same calories per day. I also just watch him to make sure he doesn't look too heavy or too thin and get on the bathroom scales with him at least once a week. I still feed him twice a day.

Thanks Debbie...I had never heard the phrase before...Charlie is definitely "tubular" right now. : - )
Yea we just started mixing in adult food with Roxi's puppy food :) we just keep mixing in the bags and oneday that puppy food will be gone hehe.

We did cut her food portion as she got older but we still feed her twice a day.
I always feed twice daily. I think it helpful to feed smaller portions more frequently. Some dogs vomit bile on an empty stomach. I also think it is easier for a dogs system to digest smaller amounts at a time.
We feed only once a day - i have a 5yr old and a 15month old. i supplement their food and snacks with frozen green beens - which they love! the older dog would love to have breakfast - but he puts on weight when he gets it, the younger dog is a perfect weight and i plan on keeping her that way. at a yr - we started the younger dog on adult food with salmon oil, beans, and "occasional" goodies -she's far more active than the older one. we use canidae dog food, which both dogs love.
Our dogs are less active, and so we feed once a day. If you're dog is involved in agility or other activities, you might consider dividing the food into two feedings. Be sure you're feeding a quality premium food. (And EVERYONE has opinions on thatone!) Do mix your food during transition. I generally suggest taking a week - two weeks and split it 25/75 new/old for a few days, 50/50 for a few, 75/25 new/old and finally all new food. It will help cut down on any tummy upset your little one might experience, especially if changing to a more nutritious food. (I tell my customers it's like going from junk food to salads - something's bound to be upset for a bit!)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service