Does anyone have a corgi who they cannot give stuffed animals to because they will rip it apart and eat it? Just a very hard chewer in general? Our corgi is a very harsh chewer, they only toys he hasnt totally destroyed is the Kong puppy one where the treat goes in. Although we did give him the Kong dental toy and he destroyed that too, within minutes!!!

Views: 1638

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well mine love bones. like actual bone you can get them at petstores. they will chew on those forever. but other than that they are not hard chewers. sorry if i didnt help lol
Many corgis are monster chewers. Finding suitable toys can be challenging. The larger sized kongs stuffed with plain low fat yogurt and some kibble then frozen make great things to chew and keep dogs busy. There are also some toys made of tire rubber that hold up pretty good. Some also do well with the very heavy rope toys. Mine love the giant tennis ball that you can get at walmart.....too big to puncture easily and fun for them to chase.
Charlie can't have stuffed toys. It only takes him about 5 minutes to rip into the stuffing, and he wants to swallow it. So no "soft" toys for him. The hard rubber toys are great. He also doesn't tear up the soft vinyl squeaky toys for some reason (he easily could). He can take a soccer ball, puncture and deflate it in 30 minutes, and have the rubber liner ripped out in one week. LOL He doesn't try to swallow any of the soccer ball "shreds" or rubber so I keep buying them.

Chew, chew, chew!
I do give my kids stuffed animals, knowing very well, I will be picking up stuffing up for days. Thankfully no one seems to want to eat the stuffing. The left over carcass is something to be proud of and that will be played with for days. The first toy they have not destroyed is a latex rubber chicken with a squeaker that I bought at Target. I now look for latex rubber toys as opposed to anything made from plastic. Anything else has been toast in just a few minutes. I did get a couple of latex squeaker toys at walmart that are still in tact. When you squeeze them their tounge comes out. thought for sure that would be a gone, but still holding on! All of mine are hard chewers and they took little interest in the things made for them. They will chew on an uncooked bone for a long time. You can buy cow hooves at pet stores, they love them, be forewarned they smell terrible. Definately an outdoor toy!
I did mean to say latex, not vinyl, and couldn't think of the word. Brain fart! Thanks Kristen. : - )
Penny loves to snuggle with her dead toys. She loves the carcass. Whatever makes her happy I suppose :) Luckily we have hardwood floors and the masses of fluffy innards cleans up easily.
No matter what we do, he destroy every toy we give him...

Except for one.

We got a toy that we call his "monster" from My Good Dog, a small company out of South Portland, ME. No matter how hard we tug, how much he chews or how long we play fetch for, this monster just will not die. We have 2 more on order due to Pogo's innate ability to rip anything with a squeaker to absolute bits. You can find them at mygooddog.com.

We have not tried any latex or vinyl toys as they make me nervous. I am very allergic to latex and am afraid what could happen if there are latex toys being brought about the apartment. We tried to get him into the kongs, nylabones and other chews, but he show no interest in anything except rawhide chews (which last, at most, a day or two), God luck.
bookmarked :) hehe thanks!
What a cool toy site! Which toy do you get? The virbram ball with a rope or one of the sea creatures or the Cosmo?
Roxi destroys her toys but it takes her a few days...

then when she finally "kills" them we'll egg her on shouting "Kill it! Rip its guts out! Get it!" which oddly makes her pull the fluff out faster with her nub going nuts lol.

.... I hope we're not growing a killer here... oh no! :)

As we were just out of college I sewed them up for a while and we used shirts and sox and other home made ideas just to save here and there (though we still do it cuz.. I really don't think she knows the difference between an old sock that squeeks and a 10$ toy... she can tug it and it squeeks! JOY!)

so about once a month i'll grab a toy or two and thats it. She shreds them, thats her fault ;)

though I always love busy buddies.. love them! http://www.busybuddytoys.com the competition for kong lol
yeah Blaze killed the rope on his tug-a-jug and really doesn't care about his barbell ("the chuckle") but I always ask him if he is going to go work out when he carries it around!!
might try the bouncy bone - any luck with it??

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service