Hello! I was just wondering if anyone could give me a good estimate of how long my corgi should be able to "hold it" based on her age. My boss is becoming pretty demanding, and is wanting me to start skipping lunches. Usually I come home real quick at lunch to let Kahlua out, but since she is getting older, I was wondering if it would be ok maybe once or twice a week to work a constant 8 hour day. I don't LIKE it, but since she is still young, i don't want her roaming around the house free. BTW, she just turned 5 months old. She does pretty well to hold it for about 5 hours, but i don't know that she can hold it more than that. And she needs time to get out and run!!! Any feedback?? Thank you!

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it's their age in months plus 1 for how many hours they can be crated, but the max is like 7 or 8 hours. Even though she's 13 months old, Lola doesn't usually spend more than 4-5 hours in the crate during the day... both my husband & I come home for lunch. But there have been times where neither of us can come home & she's ok! :)
Laura is correct, so Kahlua will be able to hold 6 hours max for now. Don't let her roam free just yet :)
Yeah, I don't think we'll be letting Lola roam free without us there... ever! haha She seems to do ok in the crate, so we don't see a reason for her to wander around since she does nothing but sleep all day!!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service