I jsut received this post form a Rescue I support: Please read and help if you can!
Hi there,

We have a large number of Pembroke Welsh Corgis coming into the Heartland Humane Society in Ottumwa, Iowa. These corgis have been surrendered from a puppy mill. Our Lakeshore Rescue has been contacted to help with foster care and placing these corgis. Rumor has it, there will be eventually up to 50 corgis turned in.Currently there are 16 there and I am told that they are for the most part, in good health and happy dogs.

Needless to say, this not only breaks my heart, but if our organization would fund the veterinary care and transport of all these corgis, it would break our bank and we will no longer be in operation. We simply are not solvent enough to help all of these Pembrokes.

So I am turning to those of you in neighboring states that have an application on our files in hopes that you will find it in your heart to go to Ottumwa and look over the corgis and take one or two home with you. If you are not able to travel that far, I will hope that you will consider sending the Lakeshore Pembroke Welsh Corgi Rescue a monetary donation in any amount, to help us help as many of these corgis as possible. You can find donation information on our website at :
www.lakeshorecorgirescue.com .

Please feel free to contact me, Yvette Huesler, Lakeshore Rescue Vice President at 715-675-9867 or allcorgis@gmail.com or corgirl@airrun.net if you have ANY questions. I do plan on getting at least 5 of these poor things here in foster care by the end of the coming weekend.

I truly hope that you are able to help us out.
Below find the contact info for the Humane Society.
Thanks you so much,
Yvette
Athens, WI

Heartland Humane Society
www.heartlandhumanesociety.org
314 Fox Sauk Rd
Ottumwa, IA 52501
(641) 682-1228

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THANK YOU ALL for your outpouring of offers to help.
If I have not contacted you yet about your offer, I will be shortly.

PLEASE, and this is important, please stop calling the Humane Society about the corgis. They are getting way to many calls and can not get their work done. At this point, your best method of helping is to either send them or us a donation. $5 is not too small and every penny helps.
The other thing we will need is transporters from Rochester MN to Wausau WI on this Sunday, April 12.

AGAIN, thanks from the bottom of my heart and from corgis everywhere.
Yvette Huesler
Lakeshore Corgi Rescue VP
Athens, WI
www.lakeshorecorgirescue.com
Hi Tiffani, I have passed this information on to Airedale rescue via my sister. Perhaps they have some foster help, and possibly transportation. Carol
Could you possibly ask if the Human Society could move the dogs to areas around different human society's? That could work! It's possible! :) You could try? Sorry to say I wouldn't be able to go down there, I don't know about donating... I'm saving money. Well, I guess I could donate $25! I don't know, I'll donate something since I can't help felling sad for all those poor corgis! I'll try to spread the word and donate!
all the Corgis have been placed by other rescues for this time
Update form Ottumwa, IA Humane Society - Thank you to all!!

Tiffani, all the Corgis have been placed by other rescues for this time. We will, however, be getting more I believe around the week of the 21st if you would like to check back then. Thank you for your interest. Sandy, Manager
Thank you Tiffani! I'm glad that the corgis have been taken care of by other rescues :)
I'm so glad all these Corgi's have been placed! My sister passed the info through Airedale Rescue also, they have a huge rescue network throughout the country.
I'm very happy for all those corgis! You should pass a thank you down to all of the rescues that helped out saying it's from all the corgis! :) Because I"m sure all of them did appreciate it! :)
I noticed this forum cause Rascal Corgi & I live in Iowa. We are so happy all the Corgis have been placed! Rascal is now 11+ years old so now I know where to check when the time comes for hubby & I to find his replacement.
I will check here 1st. I did not know if there was any Corgi Humane Societies in Iowa.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service