What collar size should I buy for an 8 week old pup? Also, how long until he grows out of it and what size will he ultimately end up using?

Thanks

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't remember what exact size in inches my dog used, but we started with the smallest collar, and he outgrew it when he was 9 months or so, and we bumped him to the next size up. Haven't changed it since. However, my corgi is a little on the slim and petite size. It might just help to take your pup to the pet store and try them on right there.
Depends on what kind of collar you're referring to. Usually small for pups and if he is a full size corgi, he should be able to fill out a medium once full grown.
I also don't remember what length Charlie's puppy collar was, but it was 3/8" wide and adjustable length. You can either take the puppy with you to the store, or take a piece of string, cut it to the right length and take the string to the store.

Charlie didn't outgrow his first collar. He was pulling on leash when we started walking at 4 months, so I moved up to a 5/8" width for more control and to be easier on his throat.
I got the one for small dog breeds. They're adjustable, so just make sure the one you get adjusts to what you think your puppy will be. Theo is now over 4 months old, and the same collar still fits him. You should be good to go for a while with just one collar.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service