I was utterly disturbed to find two bald spots on my male 4-year-old corgi. He gets a lot of attention, so we assume we found them pretty quickly after they occurred. Clumps of hair came out and there was white and black dandruff. I assumed we might have ringworm. The vet said that it was a staff infection. He prescribed oral antibiotics and told me to comb and clean the spots daily. It's been a week and some of the fur seems to be growing back, but we found another spot. I can't yet tell if it's getting worse or better, though it doesn't seem to bother Bear a bit. The spots still get a little scaly between cleanings. Has anyone else had this problem? Or something that looked similar? What treatment did you use and how long did the symptoms continue? Bear has particularly long fur, and I was advised that that aggravated the problem. All info appreciated....

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your vet should be looking for a cause of the staph. All dogs, cats, and people carry staph bacteria but it doesn't flare into an infection unless triggered by an allergy or open wound. It is a secondary infection. If your vet can find and treat the trigger you should be in great shape.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service