Before we got our corgis, we were told by someone that corgis are "mouthy" and "always need to have the last word". When we adopted Bruce, the corgi mix, I noticed he would "talk" to us, using softly woofed / grunted words. I will chitchat back and he responds.

Then we got the pembroke puppy. When we get home, he gets so happy he does this adorable little singsong thing, sounding almost like a baby wookie.

Are there cute sounds that your corgis make?

Views: 228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aerion does this too and funny, I was going to post something about this. The grunting and short woofs. I have a client that owned 2 and she says they talk a lot. They are so smart and funny. Full of personality
Roscoe does this sometimes too. Some weekends I'll be watching TV before I get up for the day, and he'll be in my lap chewing or playing, talking the entire time. Lots of fun noises. He does it a lot when he's rolling around on the floor as well.
Oliver doesn't really bark - he does the talking thing too. He'll also snap his teeth together as if he was a mute, trying to talk to us. It's hilarious!
Yeah, the other thing about corgis is how they like to roll around, or sleep, on their backs with all four legs up in the air! I've never seen a breed that loves to do that, but both the corgi mix and the puppy do this all the time! Between frapping, talking and back rolling, it sounds like corgis are extremely happy confident dogs!
winnie sounded like a cat a lot when she was a puppy. she still makes a "meow" sound when she yawns too cute. other than that she sneezes snorts and snores a bunch.
Bruce (the corgi mix) sneezes, three or four in a row, whenever I scratch him in his "armpits". That is sooo weird, but I love it.
Roscoe loves to talk....I swear he says "Hellooooooooo" every morning. And he grunts a lot too. Sooo cute
Nunzio is extremely talkative. Especially when I'm on the phone! I guess he wants to put in his two cents. Glory talks when I'm doing my hair, putting on makeup, or about to go out. I think she's giving me advice - just like a girlfriend. Our corgi mix, Taffy (my first corgi when I was a kid), used to talk all the time. I'll never forget the time my mother yelled down to us, "Taffy just said a word! Quick, get the movie camera!" We all ran upstairs to find out what she said. My mom said, "I don't know what she said. It sounded Italian!" She had just finished eating an Italian meatball leftover from dinner. I guess it made sense to my mom.
Monica, your post had me cracking up! Great funny story!
lincoln also does the clapping of his teeth. we call him a crab when he does it ... its way cute
Kiwi does the same exact thing, she will sit on the floor and just make wookie sounds, I think it's to get our attention. She also talks a lot when my husband plays with her. She is pretty quiet when she and I play, but as soon as my husband gets on the floor she's all mouth. I love knowing that other pups do the same thing!
Oh yes, my corgi talks to me ALL the time! I swear one time I heard her say "Pickle" and "Hello". It was plain as day. I haven't a clue why she said pickle...I'm still trying to work that one out. But, she trots to me and lays down and starts to talk to me. I make noises back to her and she replies. She also yowls so loud when she stretches and yawns. Sometimes she sounds like an odd exotic bird of some sorts.

I wonder what she's saying?

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service