Hi All,
I just took Monty this morning to the Vet for his 4 month shots including the rabies shot. The tech put one in his back leg and one between his shoulders. He was fine, full of energy right after but as the day has worn on he is not his hyper self. Is this normal? I know when I used to get shots I was tired all day after but wasn't sure if that is the same with puppies. We are supposed to go to puppy kindergarten tonight but I will have to see if he is up for it. He wouldn't even get out of his crate earlier and he is usually bounding out...thanks for any advice.
Theresa

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A little lethargy is fairly common after immuniztions, as well as some soreness at the site of the injection. Monty should be back to his normal self by tomorrow or Friday. I would still take him to puppy kindergarten even if he sleeps through it. You'll still have the benefit of learning whatever tips and techniques the instructor is teaching, and be able to practice with Monty when he's feeling better. I would just mention to the trainer before class that he's had his shots today and he may not be as participative as normal.
yes i agree also it is perfectly normal for dogs to act a little funny after shots. they might limp a little and sneeze.

Also dont be surprised if becuase he got so many shots he doesnt get a light case of Kennel cough, It sometimes happens. Keep in mind you dog just got hit with multiple shots and depending how big it is it will take them better/worse than others. Just give him time to recover and you'll see that he will be back to his old self in no time. Just act like everything is normal and he will follow your lead.
At our dog club we recommend that the handlers attend even if the dogs dont. Taking a dog that doesnt feel well to a training session often will add undue stress.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service