Am I the only one with a Pembroke that has one ear up and one ear down??? We gave good money for this guy and my husband and I always joke and say he is defective!! we love him anyways just the way he is!!!

Also in the morings or when my husband gets home Gus gets going about 110 mph through the house down the hall under the bed through the kitchen livingroom.... and he does it about 15 time straight!! It is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Depending how old Gus is you may consider taping his ear. Sometimes the droop ear is due to just heavy ear leather, sometimes it is an injury to the cartlige. I use just plain old masking tape. Have the ear positioned in the erect position and tape from near the base of the skull up until the ear is standing. Make sure you have no folds in the ears. While there are many different ideas regarding taping I find this to be the easiest and the tape is removed painlessly. I leave it on for about a week. Remove it, check the ear. If still floppy repeat. Good luck!
Hi Joanna, in regards to your pup running around like a nut; it is called "frap-ing."

Frequent
Random
Acts of
Play

my dogs do it quite a bit too :). Many people (myself included) think it is their natural herding instinct kicking into play, they will try to everything from people, to appliances, to couches. Still makes me laugh everytime.
I like the one ear thing :) While its 'defective' for breeding or akc standards I think for a dog-dog its a great personal trait lol

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service