Rowdy just got his neuter done yesterday. This morning he decided to try licking the area, and I had to work so I put him in his crate in the "cone of shame." Well, I got home to a happy puppy who busted out of the cone and chewed parts of it up. I'm able to put it back together, but I'm worried he licked his stitches during the day.  I layed him down belly-up and checked the area, and it looks fine, I think.  I mean, he was just sliced open and has stitches, I expect it to still look like light scabbing/scarring.  Nothing looks swollen, and he doesn't seem to be in ANY pain anymore.  

Basically... are we in the clear or should I be worried?? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks in advance.... you mycorgi moms and dads are always so helpful!

-Kayla

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure he is fine. As long as all of the stitches are still in place he should be ok. Try to keep him from licking, and maybe think about getting an inflatable collar or some other type of cone. If he broke it to pieces once, no doubt he will just do the same thing again tomorrow. Just keep him calm and quiet for the next week and you will be good to go!
Hi Kayla, re-adjust and keep the cone on, don't let it get wet / infected, I had a rescue who was neutered at the shelter and did not have a cone on, he practically licked himself raw, to the point that it got infected, had a fever and another trip the vet.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service