Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in planning or wanted to throw ideas out for this years corgi picnic.  It's been awhile since Carter has seen anyone of you guys and I know he misses his corgi buddies =D

~~Please send some love to Christina.  She planned last years picnic and is unable to continue to plan due to health issues.~~

Here are some of the ideas that have been thrown out there

- Freeport (Freeport Doggie Website) is where we had it last year.  We could do the same thing last time and do like a potluck type thing.  I don't know if Mike & Lisa wanted to plan it again.

Wasn't sure if you guys wanted to go to the same place.  I found a dog park in Hoffman Estates (Bo's Dog Park).  I've never been there but the park looks nice.  I'm not sure if they have day passes though and if they would let us have the picnic there.

Just trying to throw ideas out there. Let me know what you guys think or if you want to plan it =D

Hope to see everyone and their corgi's soon!

Views: 1629

Replies to This Discussion

Ur awesome if u can get there. It's about 40 mins on a good day for me to get there.

Maybe your accent will make her pay attention better or be more clear in her explanations.  LOL

Definitely get info from Sammie about this since she knows the most about it.

However, I would like someone to SEE where the small dog area is relation to the picnic area.  It needs to be close so we can access it when we need to and to keep an eye on our stuff.  Are there bathrooms in the area?  Is it a shady dog park?  Is there a good water source for the dogs? 

If all looks good, book it while you are there.  September 11    Noon to 5 pm

It is not a public event.  That seemed to be part of the confusion before.  It is not open to the public.  It is just some Corgi friends meeting to play.

These were the things that I have been asking the park district.

1. How much are the day passes ( The one in Naperville has confirmed there day passes are only 3 dollars)

2. What type of documentation do you need for the dogs for the day passes (They have told me they need the dog's rabies tags, expiration date, dogs name, owners name, owners driver's license and car plate number (i'm assuming that's for the parking))

3. Is there a picnic area we can eat and are the dogs allowed there (There is a shelter and the dogs are allowed as long as they are on a leash.  The things I'm not quite sure is if there is a fee to reserve the shelter.  She did say we would have to reserve the shelter if there were more then 25 people and if not it would be first come first serve)

4. The last thing I've been asking is if they would be willing to let us have the event.  I let them know that there are a group of Corgi owners that would like to have a get together at there dog park.  Rose - the event coordinator - said something about filling papers out 2 weeks in advance but she didn't specify on what papers and documents when I tried to ask.

do you have a phone number where I can contact her to set up an appointment? I am going to cal anyway... are we going to have how many people? Why people are so complicate??
the phone number i used was 815 727 8700. i wasnt sure on the number of people.
I am interested in the Bark in the Park.  We will be in the Chicago area that weekend.  I found some info online, but I did not see any times for the events or even a time for when the whole thing starts.  Do you have more info or a link where I can find out what times the various events will take place?  I would not want to miss the herding.
I can look it up when I get home. But if u search carol stream park.district bark in the park it should come up

I did do a search and I found info about what the events were, but I saw nothing about times.

Please send that info if you can.  Thanks.

http://www.csparks.org/barks/index.php

there was some info on above site. but time just said 12-4. it wasn't spelled out what time each thing is going on.  also talked about getting tickets. they are free but do you have to have a ticket for the events?

Thanks for the info.  We will be visiting friends in Arlington Height and I am hoping that they will want to go with us.

Thanks for getting the website! I just got to the computer since I have been home.  You dont have to buy tickets to anything its just a walk around and check it out kind of thing.  We went last year and actually put Izzie through a mock Rally Trial.  She came in 2nd with 97 of 100 points! (Her cousin Riley an Aussie got first with 99 out of 100 points.)  Its all for fun.  They have all sorts of vendors too.  Good free fun!  They also have a tennis court that they block off as a run for the dogs so they can play!

As for Naperville.......I personally havent been there, but I am more than willing to go and check it out.  Renata have you been there???

not yet...and I am trying to figure out where this dog park is and I have no idea. We use to pass by there frequently. I am concerned that if we go there the place is not what we are expecting... If you guys still want, I am planing to check there tomorrow.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service