Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in planning or wanted to throw ideas out for this years corgi picnic.  It's been awhile since Carter has seen anyone of you guys and I know he misses his corgi buddies =D

~~Please send some love to Christina.  She planned last years picnic and is unable to continue to plan due to health issues.~~

Here are some of the ideas that have been thrown out there

- Freeport (Freeport Doggie Website) is where we had it last year.  We could do the same thing last time and do like a potluck type thing.  I don't know if Mike & Lisa wanted to plan it again.

Wasn't sure if you guys wanted to go to the same place.  I found a dog park in Hoffman Estates (Bo's Dog Park).  I've never been there but the park looks nice.  I'm not sure if they have day passes though and if they would let us have the picnic there.

Just trying to throw ideas out there. Let me know what you guys think or if you want to plan it =D

Hope to see everyone and their corgi's soon!

Views: 1629

Replies to This Discussion

this place in naperville doesn't seem to know much or is "confused" I am worried we would get there and there would be a problem. has anyone actually been to this park?

what about the one you went to before? tried and true might be a better option if you all like it?

True.  Freeport is tried and true.  I like a place that someone has seen. Renata is talking about going to the Naperville Dog Park.  Perhaps she can be our eyes and ears. I am surprised that no one has been to that dog park before and can tell us what they think of it.

The problem is that Freeport is pretty far.  Many people said that they would like it closer to Chicago and more people will come.

I am fine with Freeport.  Napperville is about 2 1/2 hours for me and Freeport is about 3 1/2.  Either is fine.  I see you live in Iowa.  Freeport woud be slightly shorter for you.

I am asking aroud and no one knows about this park...
I live in McHenry and there aren't that many dog parks by us ]= I would go check it out but I'm unable to. This week, my brother is getting married on Saturday and on Monday I will be returning to school.

I am going to send a message out on Facebook about the park since I am in the area.  Ill see if anyone has been there.

Posted to FB just now. Doin a little research too.

I sent this once before, but here are the web pages I found about the Naperville park...

http://www.bringfido.com/attraction/3784/  The photos look good.

Also, http://reconnectwithnature.org/preserves-trails/dog-parks for rules and such.

Look....for what I know to go to a dog park here in Naperville you will need to get a permit , and the permit must be displayed on its lanyard during dog park use. I know about one park at the Forest Preserve at 87th. I just asked my neighbor and she said that to go to any dog park you need to pay for this license. I am going to Boughton 's dog park tomorrow...

I am confused... WHERE is Boughton's Dog Park? 

I thought you were planning to go to Whalon Lake Dog Park at 1480 Royce Road, Naperville.

Their web site mentions the permit and the lanyard for the annual membership to the dog park, but their web site also says...

"Daily permits cost $3 per dog for both in-county and out-of-county residents."

So, we can get a daily pass for the dogs to get in the dog park.

The whalen park is off of 53 and boughton is off of. Boughton and 87th.

OK.  I guess I am wondering why we are talking about Boughton Park now.  Do they have a dog park as well?

I looked at both Google & Bing maps today and zoomed in on Whalon Dog Park and there is no shade there for the dogs. :(

Ok...now I have an address....Boughton park because I didn't know the park's name, I am sorry !

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service