Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in planning or wanted to throw ideas out for this years corgi picnic.  It's been awhile since Carter has seen anyone of you guys and I know he misses his corgi buddies =D

~~Please send some love to Christina.  She planned last years picnic and is unable to continue to plan due to health issues.~~

Here are some of the ideas that have been thrown out there

- Freeport (Freeport Doggie Website) is where we had it last year.  We could do the same thing last time and do like a potluck type thing.  I don't know if Mike & Lisa wanted to plan it again.

Wasn't sure if you guys wanted to go to the same place.  I found a dog park in Hoffman Estates (Bo's Dog Park).  I've never been there but the park looks nice.  I'm not sure if they have day passes though and if they would let us have the picnic there.

Just trying to throw ideas out there. Let me know what you guys think or if you want to plan it =D

Hope to see everyone and their corgi's soon!

Views: 1629

Replies to This Discussion

I thought we were talking WHALON Park.

yes...I am planning to call AND go there. Today , maybe in the afternoon. I just want to make sure they are not going to ask for the license.
there is NO Boughton park...Boughton is the name of the STREET that is near the park, I am sorry about the names...

OK.  I just called to ask about the Shorewood Dog Park (near Joliet).  I called 815-727-8700.

The woman I talked to said she works for the forrest preserve that also includes Whalon Dog Park in Naperville.  She stated that we would be better off at the Naperville location if we want to picnic nearby.  She had no idea why we would need to talk to an "event coordinator".  There was someone named Rose working there, but she did not see any reason that we needed to talk with her.  The woman on the phone with me is Lauren.

She said that we would have to pay $50 to rent the pavillion if someone in the area would rent it, otherwise, it is $100.

She said that September 11 is open.  Also, Sept 24 & 25.

She stressed that they would need rabies tags and shot information.  She stated that they would be rather picky about the vet info.

She also talked about park rules and that the dogs should not be left in the fenced park area when we are in the pavilion.  I assured her that we would NEVER do that.

Lisa

The reason why we had to speak to rose was to clarify it wasn't considered a dog event.  It would be considered a dog event if it was open to the public.  The reason why I was sent to Rose was to make sure that our get together was not considered a dog event.

I also called about a dog park in Frankfort. 

In my research it sounded nice, but they do not do day passes. *sigh*

Freeport is looking better to me all the time.

posting pictures of the Naperville's park
Attachments:
more
Attachments:
and more...
Attachments:
Its a nice place. Really clean, with plenty space , a small picnic area inside the dog's park and another one bigger outside. There are no growth trees, so not much shadow...I liked it.
Attachments:

LOVE the pictures.  It looks nice and well cared for.

Did you talk to anyone at the park?

How do we get permits?

Is there a place at the dog park to get the day permit? 

OR is there a drop box for the money?

There were no one in the park to talk...only four legs and their owners =) I guess someone have to call to ask about. Please, if anyone can do this I appreciate...

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service